What is the Trout Baseball Academy?
Run by former Chicago Cub and White Sox pitcher Steve Trout, the Trout Baseball Academy is a Lincoln Park-based program founded on baseball instruction for boys and girls of all ages.
- Instruction by former major league pitcher Steve Trout, who has taught baseball to more than 350 kids at Oz Park since 2011
- Guest instruction by current and former major league players and coaches and major league scouts
- Bunting, pitching, hitting, infielding, out fielding and base running drills
- Stretching, exercise and agility training
- Weekly and full-/half-day options allow parents to tailor a schedule to meet their needs
Why should I register my child for the Academy?
Your child will get a baseball experience unlike any other. As a former major league player, Steve will offer the unique insights only a professional ballplayer can.
Steve also remains connected with former and current Cubs players and managers, so surprise visits are always in store.
Steve has been a player and coach in baseball his whole life. He and his father are part of MLB history as a father/son pitching combination. Steve Trout pitched for the Cubs and the Sox and is happy to share his baseball experience with his academy.
Mission: The Trout Baseball Academy will teach baseball and character-building skills, as well as what matters most is the value of giving it your best effort on and off the field.
How do I register my child?
Registration children five and older for the summer 2016 baseball camps is now open, but slots are limited. Registering your child for full or half-day camps,by the week also provides the opportunity to customize a program that fits your parenting and summer schedules.
What are the hours and location?
Camps begin June 6, 2016
3 to 5 yr old – $100/week
Time: 9:00AM – 10:00AM (1 hr)
6 and up – $200/week
Time: 9:00AM – 2:00PM
6 and up half-days -$150/week
Time: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Camps are located at Oz Park in the Lincoln Park neighborhood
View our brochure here: